Never the easiest of subjects to bring up, but something that should not remain a mystery.
A typical example would be the Taxi driver who trades under the VAT limit, and requires a set of accounts producing, along with submission of their Self Assessment Tax Return covering those accounts.
The fee chargeable would be just £125 for all of the above. There are no hidden costs for example if a client phones for any advice.
Other trades/professions typically range from £125 to around £250 if they are operating below the VAT threshold that is currently £85,000. However I will be able to give you a more accurate quote once I have established your needs.
If you have any queries on fees please do not hesitate to contact Paul Taylor to discuss.
Tax Enquiry Service - online Taximanager clients
Interventions as they are now known, can be both costly in accountancy fees, extra tax to pay that HMRC deem may be payable, along with being stressful to the client, as some investigations are known to have lasted for many years. PBT Tax Solutions has the expertise to deal with any intervention into your Self Assessment Tax Return and will undertake to deal with any HMRC enquiry into your return. Our understanding of HMRC compliance approaches and techniques will be used to help our clients. We will deal with all correspondence, attend meetings and where necessary, negotiate on your behalf with HMRC using our experience to do so. It will be our intention to pursue the speediest of resolve of the enquiry in order to reduce the potential stress that some enquiries produce.
To buy into our service, to avoid any further accountancy fees being charged in connection with any enquiry, an annual fee of £75 is payable.
If you would like to subscribe to this option, please contact us.
Enquiry Service Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. The Service provides for the client, for a fee, a consultancy service in relation to HM Revenue & Customs full enquiries for a period of 12 months beginning on the first day of the month following payment of the annual fee.
2. Payment will be by Standing order and the Consultancy Service contract will be renewed automatically from year to year charged at the fee then prevailing unless cancelled by the client. Any increase in fee will be notified to the client before the operation Direct Debit. There are no refunds for client cancellation of the Service part way through a year. All fees are inclusive of Value Added Tax.
3. HM Revenue & Customs Enquiries covered by the Service are:
(a) HM Revenue & Customs Business Enquiries pursuant to Section 9A/12A Taxes Management Act 1970 involving full records examination.
(b) Employer Compliance Reviews.
(c) VAT Investigations.
And each such "Enquiry" will be treated as having begun at the date of issue of the formal notice of Enquiry by HM Revenue & Customs.
4. The Service will provide advice and assistance to the client and will respond to and generally deal with all aspects of a full Enquiry with a view to a conclusion as soon as reasonably practicable and in a manner an with an outcome which in the opinion of PBT Tax Solutions is beneficial to and gives rise to the least taxation payable by the client as is practicable in the circumstances.
5. Matters not covered by the consultancy fee are:
(a) Taxation interest and penalties payable as a result of the Enquiry or otherwise.
(b) Claims arising from or related to:
Tax Avoidance Scheme(s)
Any activities carried on outside Great Britain
(c) Claims and/or full enquiry current at the commencement of the service as it relates to the client.
(d) Legal or other professional fees other than those of PBT Tax Solutions' own internal tax enquiry specialists.
(e) Fees and expenses of any witnesses.
(f) Claims arising from any conduct at variance with the advice of the client's professional or other advisers.
(g) HM Revenue & Customs Special Compliance Investigations, including CIFT (Civil Investigation of Fraud Enquiry)
6. The Service delivered by PBT Tax Solutions is a professional and personal advisory and support service requiring the availability of staff of the right calibre, and an advisor / client relationship based on mutual understanding. Accordingly PBT Tax Solutions reserves the right in their absolute discretion:
to decline representation and delivery of the Service at the time of initial consultation in relation to a specific Enquiry;
to cease representation and delivery of the Service where the client unreasonably refuses to follow DGT's advice / recommendations.
In either such case PBT Tax Solutions will at its absolute discretion refund all or a fair proportion of the fees paid by the client since application to join the Service or where appropriate, since the conclusion of its last HM Revenue & Customs Enquiry.